I welcome posts by guest bloggers.
In fact, for every guest post accepted and published here, I will donate $100 to the author’s favorite animal shelter (provided it is a no-kill facility).
Please follow these guidelines when writing a guest post to submit for this site:
- Your post should be original.
- Your post should be at least 1,000 words.
- Your post should be useful or entertaining to the readers of this blog (and it’s especially helpful if your post is appropriate for one of our blog categories (see the pull-down menu under “blog” for the categories).
- Your post should be grammatically correct and well-written. We will double-check your submission for grammar and readability.
- Your post should be written in a friendly tone and less formal.
- Your post should not be self-promotional.
- Please proofread your post before submitting.
- Please provide a short author bio for the end of your post – and a headshot of yourself.
- Photos to illustrate your post are much appreciated, especially photos you have taken yourself. If you supply other photos, make sure you have usage rights for them. But no more than 4 photos per post and each photo should be clear and sharp and at least 640 x 390 pixels.
- Before posting, we will return the final draft to you for final approval.
If you are providing a story about your adopted shelter pet, please provide answers to the following questions:
- How did you decide on a shelter pet?
- Is this your first shelter pet or have you had others?
- What made you adopt your pet? Appearance? Personality? Size? Other?
- Tell as many details as you can think of about your pet. (Please include a .jpg picture of your shelter pet and the name of the shelter where you got your pet.
- Did your pet already have a name? Did you keep the same name, or did you give your pet your special name?
- What activities do you like to do with your pet?
- What is the silliest thing your shelter pet has done?
Please note, your post may be edited for SEO purposes and/or readability.
Send your submissions (and photos) to [email protected].
Have you written a published children’s book that features a no-kill animal shelter and/or rescue animals?
I accept picture books (paperback or hardcover) for possible review.
Please email me to let me know your book is on the way, then send your book to:
P.O. Box 7967
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34985